Is your PA driver license test coming up soon? Here are some helpful hints to get you through:
- The day of your driver’s test, be sure to line up 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment – if you don’t, they may not run you through the test.
- Make sure the insurance card and registration card for the vehicle you’re taking the test in are accurate and up-to-date.
- Check and double-check that all equipment works on your vehicle – even a single light bulb out can cause you to fail the exam.
- Make sure the person who accompanies you is over the age of 21 and has a valid PA license.
- If your parent isn’t accompanying you, you’ll need a signed and notarized copy of PennDOT Form 180-C.
- You must know the last four digits of your social security number.
Here are some common reasons why people fail the exam:
- Inability to operate any vehicle controls
- Violating any traffic laws (say, failing to stop properly at a Stop sign)
- Driving dangerously or recklessly
- Making errors in safe driving practices
- Failing to follow instructions given by an examiner
- Causing a crash (yeah, sort of a no-brainer)
- Not using your turn signals properly